A core objective of BRIGHT Academy is to share our results, progress, and to increase the knowledge about Bilharzia.
In order to see the latest news about BRIGHT Academy: News section
Do you want to know what we are doing?
Follow us on Twitter.
For more questions please contact our communication officer:
Ida Amelie Mayes: [email protected]
South Africa no: (+27) 76 692 819
Norwegian no: (+47) 906 56 702
Follow on social media
Although the situations portrayed on this website are typical of the research none of the persons in this website are research patients (study participants). None of the persons portrayed in the treatment and investigative situations are minors. They have kindly given their permissions to publish the images.
Kinldy credit photographer Håvard Holme.
From 27th to 29th of January an International Workshop on Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) was held in Johannesburg, South Africa.read more
Bilharzia remains undiagnosed by the vast majority of medical practitioners in South Africa. Researchers are concerned about the situation and are compiling a booklet to assist doctors to recognise female Bilharzia and effectively treat this common disease.read more
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
- The Association Between Female Genital Schistosomiasis and Other Infections of the Lower Genital Tract in Adolescent Girls and Young Women: A Cross-Sectional Study in South Africa June 28, 2023 Jilna Dilip Shukla
- Visual diagnosis of female genital schistosomiasis in Zambian women from hand-held colposcopy: agreement of expert image review and association with clinical symptoms May 8, 2023 Amy Sturt
- The Presence of Hemoglobin in Cervicovaginal Lavage Is Not Associated With Genital Schistosomiasis in Zambian Women From the BILHIV Study December 21, 2022 Amy S Sturt
- Establishing and Integrating a Female Genital Schistosomiasis Control Programme into the Existing Health Care System November 24, 2022 Takalani Girly Nemungadi
- Absence of lower genital tract lesions among women of reproductive age infected with Schistosoma mansoni: A cross-sectional study using a colposcope in Western Kenya July 8, 2022 Huldah C Sang